i-power Remote Management System (RMS)
i-power RMS is a remote monitoring and management software system that can be individually customised. The RMS can manage UPS and other power supply devices in the i-power line of products. The RMS collects information of all system objects and determines the status of their alarms. The statuses of the alarm devices are displayed on different graphic levels and can be configured to execute any user defined action in case of an alarm. The RMS is completely web based and can be operated from any WAN/LAN workstation. User groups can be defined and configured for controlling the authorisation of different users, restricting certain parties to monitoring only and giving authorised users administration privileges.
A value added feature of the RMS is its ability to allow system administrators to freely design its user interface making it simple and intuitive enough that even users with practically no network experience can use it easily. The individual usage of backgrounds and different graphical representations on various levels (i.e. overview country, city, building, room, UPS) quickly guide users to the source of problems in even the most complex systems and on the other side, makes the installation of integrating single devices into such complex systems much easier. RMS is available for networks of different sizes and for the management of UPS systems of almost every make and all other power supply related devices used in facilities management.
- Complex power supply management made easy to use: RMS can be set up by the user in such a way that even the most complex power supply systems can be displayed in a simple and well organised form.
- Multiple network monitoring stations via web browser: The RMS can be logged on to from any network workstation with a web browser so that all alarms will appear on that computer also. This makes it possible to use the monitoring console simultaneously from different locations.
- Applicable on all UPS models: RMS supports all UPS models and can monitor both serial RS232 protocols and contacts.
- Group display: Several devices can be grouped and indicated by a single icon. The device with the highest alarm level will determine the alarm status of the group icon.
- Alarms: RMS alarms users via sounding alarms, network messaging, local warning messages with alarm signals and also by email. These alarms do not only occur on the RSM server, but they are also relayed to each web browser in the network that is logged onto the RMS.
- Log book: The RMS has a high performance log book that records all incoming alarms for an unlimited period of time.
- Graphical statistical evaluation: RMS makes it possible to centralize the logging of all measured values. The charting module graphs a highly accurate chart of all connected devices and sensors.